Pretty Little Studio: Loving You, Mom

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Morning, y'all; and happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!  I'm just stopping in, while I'm hopefully still snoozing as my family and I had a big night at Kansas Speedway last night, to bring you all my mom's Mother's Day card.  It's up on the Pretty Little Studio blog this am.  Enjoy!
I started this card by trimming the top of our Gray Always print with a strip of our All I Need patterned paper.  I then anchored them, to the white, cardstock, card face, with horizontal, double, silver-threaded, straight, machine stitches; adhered a My Heart 3x4 Journaling Card in their combined center; and secured a sheet of vellum, that was cut 1/4" smaller than the combined patterned prints, over everything, with more silver-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  Tip: Vellum softens everything!  A Cherish Die-Cut tag was then popped up, in the center of the journaling card, with foam tape and laced with white string, tied in a bow.
The tag itself was already split into two patterns.  So, I simply magnified that feature by placing a Cherish Die-Cut "hello", popped up with foam tape, along that diagonal.
A "loving you" Sweetheart Mini Word partial sentiment was tucked, parallel to the bottom edge of the tag, under the "hello" die cut's bottom left edge and overhanging the right side of the tag.  A Silver Metallic Label was then stapled just below that and filled in with Fresh Mint Mini ABC's to spell "MOM" and complete the "loving you, MOM" sentiment, as well as the look itself.
Further inspiration for this card came from Sunday Stamps' Challenge 152: Sketch Fun.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  And have a blessed Mother's Day, moms!  XOXO

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: white & vellum (Paper Studio); With All My Heart: All I Need 8x8 & Gray Always 8x8 (PLS) Other: silver thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); white string (Hobby Lobby); staples & Staple Board (We R Memory Keepers); With All My Heart: Fresh Mint Mini ABC, Sweetheart Mini Word, My Heart 3x4 Journaling Card, & Cherish Die Cuts & Gold Mine: Silver Metallic Label (PLS)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the stitching!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Very pretty card with the polka dots and gingham!! Wonderful bright yellow with the sentiment! Love the stitching, too! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a sweet card! I love these papers and the mix of gray with bright colors.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the pretty little floral tag! Marvelous card for your mom. Hope you enjoyed a blessed Mother's Day!

Heidi Baks said...

What great details on this card! I love the vellum, and your stitching is fabulous! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Claire Broadwater said...

Jinny, your card is gorgeous! I love the stitching and the mix of patterns. Such a creative take on the sketch! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX