Three in One

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Well, somehow, someway, even after yesterday's busy, away-from-home day, I managed to get dinner on the table and all the laundry done.  I was still folding it at 11 pm last night, but it got done, and that's what matters ;).  Today has been much more relaxing just being at home, which is exactly what I needed to catch up and recoup from our crazy weekend.  I even found a little time to play, just for me, in my creative space.

I started this card by masking off the partial, vertical, "THANKS" sentiment, on Whisper White cardstock, with Thickers and spritzing it with Key Lime Pie Glimmer Mist, before removing the alphas and stamping the completed, "for everything" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, amidst the first, three, masked letters.
I then trimmed its right side with a strip of blue, stripe, patterned paper, which I had stamped, in Brocade Blue ink, with the "thankful" text; adhered the two to a piece of Brocade Blue cardstock; and machine stitched, with mint-threaded, straight stitches, around their combined edges.  A length of lace, as well as a length of blue, taffeta ribbon, tied, in a bow, near the top edge of the prepped piece and embellished with a mint button blossom, laced with a couple of hemp twine bows, as well as a mini clothespin, dresses up the space between the two papers and preps the piece for the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, to which it was adhered with foam tape.
Finally, I couldn't resist playing with those jars, from Market Street Stamp's May Daydreaming Market Fresh Kit, again.  And I think this one , filled with stamped, in Brocade Blue ink, and glittered butterflies, is the perfect finishing touch.
Inspiration for this card came from Little Red Wagon's Challenge #132: Mist-ify Us, Card Pattern's Sketch 165, which I tipped to its side...
and Create for Fun's Color Challenge #54.
That's all, for today, folks!  Please don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #131.  Then, I'll be back, bright and early tomorrow morning, with a brand new challenge from Papercraft Star.  Until then, thanks so much for stopping by, and have a truly amazing evening!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mehndi Medallions - "for everything", Mother's Day Bouquet - butterflies, & Defining Words - "thankful" text (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Brocade Blue (SU); blue stripe & jar (American Crafts) Ink: Basic Black & Brocade Blue (SU) Other: mint thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Key Lime Pie Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Thickers (American Crafts); lace (Hobby Lobby); blue taffeta ribbon, mint button blossom, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); mini clothespin (Canvas Corp.); hemp twine (May Arts); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives)

28 comments:

Lin said...

Love, love, LOVE this, Jinny - what is it about those canning jars?!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Jinny! I love love love the jar, the butterflies...and loveeeeeeeee how you did the sentiment!!!

Patrice said...

Just love that card - reminds me of summers when I was young!

JanR said...

I absolutely love this. The misting is perfect, I love the colours and the layout...and the ribbon...and the clothes pin...and the lace...and the glittery butterflies...and the stitching...and, well like I said, I love this. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Jinny! Love your jar of butterflies! My sisters and I use to catch fireflies in a mason jar and keep them in our tent :) Thanks for the memory and Thanks for playing with CR84FN :)

Kim said...

I Love Love Love this card!!! I'm loving the jar of butterflies and the cool way you did the title!!
~Kim

Diana Fisher said...

Wow! I love everything about this! I feel like I say that a lot here on your blog. Gorgeous work, as always!

Laurie said...

Jinny this is gorgeous! I love the "thanks" on the side! The trim looks so perfect tucked behind the jar too! Amazing as always my friend!

Allisa said...

Adorable card and your title is AWESOME!

Lisa said...

What a darling card Jinny! Love the bit of lace peeking out. This reminds me of fireflies in a jar as a kid! Love you Mother's Day picks in the previous post, looks like you had a wonderful day ~hugs!!

Larissa Heskett said...

BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenges!! LOVE all of the little touches and the FUN misting that you did for the title!! SO FUN!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Shannon91 said...

a beautiful card !!!
Bizz

Lynn said...

Wow! I love how you masked the thanks...the spray mist gives a soft gorgeous feel.

Sue Lelli said...

Jinny, LOVE the double sentiment and the masking! FAB jar of beautiful butterflies! LOVE this card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHHH! Jinny--you have blown me away with all of your post this past week (sorry I've been MIA!). I love love love! LOVE this card--love the double sentiment and your misting! BEAUTIFUL colors! LOVE that jar and the details! YOU ROCK:)

Tracy said...

This is such a beautiful color combination. I love to collect old bottles so the green and blue reflect old glass colors to me and make the jar the perfect thing to tie it all together. :-)

Nancy said...

This is really really pretty, so original

Pauline said...

Simply Beautiful! I love the dreamy feel to the coloured jar, and the ribbon and twine combo.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I really like the jar of butterflies and very pretty lace border. Wonderful work. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Christina said...

This is so beautiful, Jinny! I think I always say that about your cards, but I really love the blues and greens on this creation. Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

Heather Jensen said...

How darling Jinny. Love that sweet jar of butterflies. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Jinny! This is just Wonderful! Love the Darling jar of butterflies and the Pretty Pretty Bow too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Angie Tieman said...

What a stunning card! Very creative use of the sketch too, love everything about it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Jinny. Love the jar with the dalring butterflies. The misted greeting looks great... and the ribbon/clothes pin/twine combo is awesome. Congrats on making the Top 3. :o)

Tracey McNeely said...

Congratulations Jinny your card is just gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

This card is so lovely, Jinny! So fresh but soft and dreamy, too. How's that for a description, hee! I just love how you did the sentiment!

Kristie said...

Very pretty card!! Love your jar of sparkly butterflies and how you clustered the embellies.

Darnell J Knauss said...

A stunning card, Jinny, and a tremendous amount of work! Congratulations on the well-deserved Terrific Top Three at CR84FN!